0

Constant

Before I began writing about life at the present moment, I wanted to first share with you something I learned when I was a college student. Those college years are pivotal to growing up. At least for me they were. Although a lot of learning was taking place during lectures, plenty of other lessons were taking place in my heart. This period of my life taught me what truly gave meaning to life. That it didn't matter how many exams I aced, how many mistakes were on my papers, how many friends let me down, how many times I fell or how many times I pulled through, or how many days I felt lonely, how many times my heart was broken or ached for home... ONE thing. ONE thing stayed constant. I had ONE guarantee. Always. The rest was just gravy. And that ONE thing was and will forever be--GOD. When my world was stress-fully chaotic or would come crumbling down, He alone was still standing there in the midst, in the core of any situation, with His hand stretched out...and I was home again. What once was a mere epiphany has thus changed my life. God is bigger than ourselves. Bigger than any problem, heartache or letdown. He's our constant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment