0

Sour Patch Songs


It's pretty incredible how certain songs have the ability to bring you back to a specific era in your life. Walk into a store, turn on the radio, pop a random mix CD and music will be there...like subtle reminders of what you once lived. Clearly life is not biased to the good times, and therefore songs may carry messages from the past that sting. Songs can also instigate sudden reminiscing and flashbacks that are not necessarily pleasant or wanted. Time engraves feelings and thoughts of that time to every word in that song whether they make you smile or cringe. Every time a song has the power to transport me in time and bring along all those exact feelings for a ride, I'm caught dumbfounded, bewildered, startled, baffled, dazed, stumped... because the lyrics of those songs encouraged me, put into words what was going on in my heart, helped me bash a boy til I had enough or to elaborate the blissful butterflies I felt. In essence, songs could very much be like Sour Patch Kids candies-- sour at first, but with time become sweet memories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment